Thursday, January 21, 2010

Renewal


Yoga... for my dime dollar there is no greater renewal of body and spirit than with yoga. My sister used to say she started taking yoga classes and I joined the cult. But two and half years later I'm still going twice a week to yoga.

This is warrior one, virabhadrasana 1 as in my yoga classes they tend to use both the English and the Sanskrit. One of my favorite games is Sanskrit Simon Says, where they drop the English and see if you know your Sanskrit.

I know enough to cringe when I here certain names, even when I can't remember the asana that goes with it.

But I usually leave yoga feeling a sense of renewal.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! That's what I imagine she is thinking. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I swing my arms up in to Warrior one that's exactly what I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice posting! Do you know about these Sanskrit books?

    http://www.YogaVidya.com/freepdfs.html

    ReplyDelete